Your extension lifespan will be completely dependent on how well you care for them. Most of our clients get roughly 6 months’ wear with good maintenance – this includes the products you use as well as how you care for the hair.
Here are some of our top tips to get the most out of your luscious new extensions:
- Do not wash your hair for 48 hours after application.
- Do not use protein-based shampoo & conditioners or deep conditioners.
- Never apply conditioner at your roots as it can cause any extension type to slip. Apply through the mid-length and ends only. Silicone and gloss products should also be used through ends only and be avoided at the roots. Alcohol-based styling products can cause the hair to dry out and should be avoided if possible.
- Do not apply heat from straighteners, hairdryers or styling tools on the tape or beads part of the extension.
- When washing hair ensure that you only use gentle motions, no heavy circular motions. Squeeze excess water from hair in a downward motion with a towel. Do not rub in circular motions.
- Do not allow hair to dry naturally. Always blow-dry smooth. Hair extensions are not low maintenance and should be considered before having them done.
- Never sleep with wet or damp hair. Always sleep with hair in a loose plait or low bun.
- Brush hair twice a day. Hold roots of your hair with one hand and brush with an approved extension brush or a tangle teaser brush.
- If you swim regularly, extensions are not recommended for you unless you wear a swimming cap to protect your extensions as well as thoroughly washing and drying after swimming. Salty and chlorinated water will dry out the hair and cause it to knot.
Ready to transform your hair with instant volume and length? Book your complimentary hair extension consultation.